100 DAYS

18.11.2015

During my first 100 days in States, I have...

1
... totally fell in love with the Rocky Mountains and the beauty of this state. I'm definitely not wondering why it's called the Colorful Colorado.

2
... spent my money mostly on clothes and food but who cares, that makes me happy. (Don't worry mom my bank account shouldn't be empty and if it ever is I promise I'll call you! ) // ... gone to my very first American baseball game with all these crazy Star Wars fans. // ... experienced highschool football games and the amazing school spirit you cannot just describe in words. I'm so proud to be a Longmont Trojan! // ... been sitting in these ah-so-cool yellow school busses with my volleyball team for so many miles they're not cool anymore. I'm seriously so thankful the busses in Finland are way more comfortable.
3
... went to so many new restaurants I can't even count anymore. Unfortunately I didn't find any pictures of fried pickles (I know sounds nasty) but seriously everyone should get a chance to try them! Soooo good. And also, could someone start Chipotle in Finland before I come back, Thanks!

... celebrated Halloween for the first time in my entire life! 

6
... met so many wonderful people! Making friends has honestly not been the easiest thing and I'm still spending way too much time at home just watching netflix but I'm so grateful for all the people I've met and became friends with. And also a special shoutout to my amazing German girl Mona who has been the best friend and foreign soulmate I could imagine.

7
... missed home more than ever. I have had plenty of bad days here and sometimes I could just cry for nothing, just because it feels like it but I know it's a part of this whole experience and I know what I've put myself into. At least I think I do. I've been sick and tired, felt lonely and had those moments I just wanted to call someone just to speak my own native language. Sometimes even eating Finnish dark bread for breakfast totally makes my day. 

8
But the most importantly, during these 100 days, I've enjoyed my life so much, been happier than ever before and also really proud of myself. I have never been this far from home before and every day that I spend here is a part of my dream. I'm so thankful for being where I am now. 'not everyone can say they're living their dream.

2 kommenttia: